torstai 29. toukokuuta 2008

SP12 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

My favorite yarns are lace or fingering weight wool, alpaca, silk and mohair yarn. I don't like knitting cotton or acrylic. I don't use novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I made a needle roll for myself last autumn but somehow my needles are mostly in box or on the sofa.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learn to knit at age of eight (25 years ago) when my mother taught me to knit. I knit first pullover when I was 12. My knitting skills are somewhere between intermediate and advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list, you can find it with my real email address.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Fresh air, I don't like scented candles.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes I have, I like wine gums and chocolate.


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm learning to spin ( I have both drop spindle and spinning wheel) , I can crochet but I don't like to do it.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I don't have an favorites right now, but my computer can play mp3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like greens and browns but my stash might have too much of them already. I don't like to wear blue, black or red but I can knit them. I like solid and semisolid yarns.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm a spinster and I live with my cat, he is nearly 12 years old Birman.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, shawls and socks, but not mittens. I don't have any ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and lace shawls.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks and a lace shawl =)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, please.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Steel circulars, I can't knit with straight needles. I also like wooden double point needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
One year (it's summer top).

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Dust bunnies, but I don't need more of them.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have subscribed Interweave Knits and Spin Off.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like learn knit fair isle better shadow knitting could be interesting too. Learning to spin better would be nice too.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Definitely, my foot is 8.5" long and my midfoot circumference is 8.5". I have quite high arch so I prefer socks with gussets. I like my socks to be well fitting.

23. When is your birthday?
16th March
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, I'm Hanna in there too.

0 kommenttia:

 
design by suckmylolly.com